A Specfic Accident?
1. Did you injure yourself in a specific accident or was it a gradually occurring problem (such as tendinitis)?
Was there an Accident Report?
2. Did you report it to a supervisor immediately and was an Accident Report filled out the day of the accident or at least within two to three days after the accident?
Was there medical care that day?
3. Did you immediately go to a doctor or an emergency room that day or at least the following day?
Cause of Slip and Fall?
4. If you slipped and fell at work, do you know what caused the fall such as water on the floor, a slippery carpet, etc.?
Was there a witness?
5. Was there a witness who can confirm your accident and is he or she willing to come forward?
Was a Drug or Alcohol Involved?
6. Were you under the influence of any drug such as marijuana, cocaine or alcohol at the time of your accident (Many employers will give an injured employee a drug test)?
Work Mission or Errand?
7. Were you doing a work activity at the time of the accident or were you on a personal mission or errand?
8. Were you the victim of horseplay by a fellow employee?
9. Were you the victim of a personal assault by a fellow employee or someone else who was a stranger to the employment?
10. Did your injury occur as a result of an ordinary activity such as bending, stooping, reaching, etc.?
Fight with Co-employee or Boss
11. Did you injury occur as the result of a fight with a co-worker or your boss?
Cause of your fall?
12. If you fell on a stairs, did you slip as the result of poor lighting, water on the stairs, other substance on the stairs, bad carpet, etc.