Almost all persons convicted of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd offense DUI will be placed on unsupervised court probation. The 4 standard terms and conditions are:
1) Do not drive with any measurable amount of alcohol.
2) Do not refuse a chemical test when requested by law enforcement
3) Do not drive without a valid CA Driver’s license.
4) Obey all laws.
Standard first offense sentencing
1) 3 years of informal probation
2) 4 Standard terms and conditions of probation (See above)
3) 48 hours county jail – May be served on Sheriff’s Work Project (Two 8 hour days).
4) A fine of $480 plus penalty assessments equaling a grand total of $2200
5) Complete an alcohol class
a) .08-.14 court will order 3 month class
b) .15-.19 – 6 month class
c) .20 and higher as well as refusal cases ordered to 9 month class.
Standard 2nd offense sentencing
1) 4 years of informal probation (see conditions above)
2) 10 to 60 day’s jail sentence. May perform sheriff’s work project for all except for 4 days, which must be in Custody.
3) A fine of $480 plus penalty assessments totaling $2,200
4) Complete an 18 month DUI class.
*All Sacramento DUI convictions will also require an Ignition Interlock Device.