Skip to main content

SCV and SFV Attorney, Mason Rashtian, discusses slip and fall incidents.

Posted by attorney Mason Rashtian

Slip and fall cases are referred to as premises liability cases because they are asserted against a defendant who owns, possesses, or controls the premises when an injury causing event occurs. A slip and fall incident could occur anywhere, including at the supermarket, at a restaurant, at an office building, at someone else's home, or inside an apartment building. The key issue in a slip and fall case is whether the owner or possessor had notice of the injury causing condition and whether appropriate steps were taken to protect those persons who are reasonably expected to be on the premises, including properly warning them. In this video, I discuss some of the things you may be able to do following a slip and fall incident that can potentially help you show notice on the part of the property owner or possessor.

Additional resources provided by the author

The Mason Law Firm is managed by Mason Rashtian, an experienced lawyer who has successfully represented clients throughout the State of California, including Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties.

Mr. Rashtian has chosen to help people in the fields of personal injury, to help clients get justice and protect their rights. As such, he is now in a position to help real people with real problems. Before opening his office, Mr. Rashtian worked for prestigious law firms in the Los Angeles and Orange counties.

Mr. Rashtian is an active member of the California Bar, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Santa Clarita Valley Bar Association, San Fernando Valley Bar Association, and Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce.

Mr. Rashtian has received an AV Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubble.

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer