Sample I-751 Cover Letter - Joint Petition
Dear USCIS examiner:
Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my husband, (name of immigrant spouse), and his son, (name of immigrant child). Please also find a check for $[Insert Current USCIS Fee], the fee for this form. My husband entered the US on a K-1 visa and his son (name of immigrant child) followed on a K-2 visa. We are all happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my husband (name of immigrant spouse and his son (name of immigrant child).
Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:
- Copies of the passports and green cards of (immigrant spouse) and (k-2 child).
- Three sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen friends, attesting to our relationship and marriage.
- Copy of the tax statement for 2007 and 2006, which we received for our checking account at FirstSavings Bank.
- A partial copy of our 2007 joint US tax return.
- Original of a recent statement from our stock broker at Merrydale Stockbrokers.
- Letter from my company of the designation of my life insurance to (name of immigrant spouse).
- Copies of various car insurance notices.
- Copy of the title of our car, showing joint ownership.
- Copy of our visa cards showing a joint account.
- Copy of our health insurance cards showing a joint policy.
- Copy of our Sam's Club cards on a joint account.
- A copy of our airline reservations for a vacation that we have planned in September of 2008.
You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.
US citizen spouse
Nikki Mehrpoo Jacobson Attorney at Law / Professor of Law email@example.com THE JACOBSON LAW FIRM, APC Immigration & Nationality ǀ Workers' Compensation 510 West 6th St. Suite 326 Los Angeles , CA 90014 (310) 277-2266 (310) 277-3366 FAX Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers - Free Consultation www.thelosangeleslawyers.com