Renew your DACA Status

Posted 6 months ago. Applies to United States, 2 helpful votes


On June 5, 2014, the USCIS announced the procedure for persons who previously were approved for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). At Ademi & O'Reilly, LLP, we suggest that you begin to prepare your renewal for filing five months before your current DACA authorization expires.


Are you eligible for DACA renewal?

If you previously were granted DACA status, you will be eligible to renew if you did not depart the United States on or after Aug. 15, 2012, without advance parole, if you have continuously resided in the United States since you submitted your most recent DACA request that was approved; and you have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or three or more misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety. You can never be considered too old for DACA renewal.


How to apply for DACA renewal

THere are three documents to complete and sign: Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals; Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization; and Form I-765W Worksheet. The government filing fee for DACA renewal is $465, which includes the $85 biometric fee.


Do not send additional documents

Unless you have accrued criminal or removal documents that were not previously submitted to the USCIS, you do not need to send additional documents. It is possible that the USCIS will request additional documents. As long as you file with more than 120 days remaining on your DACA authorization, the USCIS will grant an extension if processing your application takes more than 120 days.

Additional Resources

For assistance in filing for deferred action contact Ademi & O'Reilly, LLP at (414) 482-8005 or send an email to:

Rate this guide

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Deferred action

Deferred Action is a policy that allows qualifying immigrants to receive employment authorization and have removal proceedings delayed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,734 answers this week

2,928 attorneys answering