Skip to main content

Questions about Ohio Workers’ Comp - Ohio Job Injury? Need an Ohio Work Injury Attorney?

Posted by attorney Michael Gruhin

Mike Gruhin, Board Certified Ohio Workers' Compensation Specialist Attorney, has the answers to your Ohio work injury questions.

Have you suffered an on the job injury? You need a Board Certified Ohio Work Comp Specialist Attorney on your side. Experienced Ohio workers' compensation lawyers from Gruhin & Gruhin can help you seek fair compensation for your injuries. Filing a workers’ compensation claim is a complicated process. The BWC would lead you to believe that you don't need an attorney and that's how it saves money on claim payment. Most work injury victims just don't know what to do or what benefits are available for their injuries. And, that's where Gruhin & Gruhin and Mike Gruhin come to the rescue. When you get hurt in a , contact the Cleveland, Ohio Law Firm with the winning record. Check out the actual client testimonials. Let our clients tell you the story of Gruhin & Gruhin. Call Gruhin & Gruhin today! There are time limits. Discuss your claim with a Board Certified Work Comp Specialist Attorney. It doesn't cost any more to have a Certified Specialist on your side, so why choose an attorney who takes a work comp case, but isn't Board Certified? Please feel free to review some of the most frequently asked questions we receive from our clients, which you can read below.

Frequently Asked Questions about Ohio Workers’ Compensation

Q: What on the job injuries does workers’ compensation cover?

A: Workers’ compensation covers almost any on the job injury, including long-term diseases resulting from your work (asbestos, etc.), pre-existing injuries that were exacerbated by an accident at your job, and even injuries caused by a third party while on the job.

Q: Who pays my workers’ compensation benefits?

A: Ohio law requires that virtually all employers purchase workers’ compensation insurance coverage from the state fund or insure themselves. Therefore, either the state fund or your employer will be responsible for paying your compensation.

Q: How long will it take to get benefits?

A: This depends on the specifics of your injury, whether your employer is self-insured or state funded, where you received medical treatment, and many other factors. Having an experienced Board Certified Ohio Workers' Compensation Specialist Attorney on your side will help you receive benefits much faster, as you can be sure that your attorney has filed all the necessary paperwork to keep your claim moving. Ultimately, you must trust that your attorney is doing everything that he or she can to ensure that you receive benefits as quickly as possible.

Q: Do I have to go back to work before I am ready?

A: Ultimately, your doctor’s advice determines when you are ready to go back to work. When you suffer an injury on the job, your employer or your employer’s third party administrator will likely suggest their doctor. Contact your Board Certified Ohio Work Comp Specialist Attorney and get a referral to a BWC Certified Medical Provider to give you the medical care you need and properly fill out all of the complex BWC paperwork on your behalf. You are free to go to any OhioBWC Certified Provider. You don't have to return to work until your doctor believes you're ready or until your employer has a light duty job that your doctor believes you can handle. However, even if your doctor feels you might not be ready to return to work, the Industrial Commission can find that you have reached Maximum Medical Improvement. While you are unable to work, you are entitled to receive temporary total disability compensation.

Q: Do I have to file my workers’ compensation claim within a certain time limit?

A: There is a two-year statute of limitations for filing a workers’ compensation claim. If you do not file your claim within two years of your injury, you will not be able to seek compensation. If you are in an on the job accident, you should move quickly to seek legal representation and file your claim so that you are sure to receive the benefits you need.

Q: The BWC denied my workers’ compensation claim. Is there anything I can do?

A: Call Mike Gruhin, Board Certified Ohio Workers' Compensation Specialist Attorney. You need a specialist in your corner to appeal your claim and attend the hearing at the Ohio Industrial Commission. You should absolutely hire a Board Certified Specialist Attorney. Don't make the mistake of just hiring any lawyer who 'does' work comp claims. You need a legal professional, a Board Certified Specialist, to gather and present the evidence necessary to prove that you were hurt on the job and deserve compensation. Don't attempt to appeal a denied workers’ compensation claim alone.

Call Mike Gruhin, The Comp Specialist, to discuss any aspect of your Ohio Workers’ Compensation Claim. Act now, Call now!

Additional Resources

Gruhin & Gruhin, Attorneys Gruhin & Gruhin Facebook Fan Page Mike Gruhin’s Personal Facebook Page

© 2012, Gruhin & Gruhin Attorney's. All rights reserved.

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?