Skip to main content

Non-Immigrant Visas

Posted by attorney Kassia Fialkoff
Filed under: Family law

A short guide to the various types of NON-IMMIGRANT visas available. Most of which fall into the following groups (1) Tourists (2) Students (3) Business-related visitors (4) Temporary Employees.

The listing is as follows:

A- foreign government employees and their families

B - business visitors (attend conferences, trade shows, etc), tourists and visitors for pleasure (medical treatment, conventions, etc

C - aliens in transit through the US or en route to the UN.

D- foreign crew members of ships and aircrafts.

E- aliens entering the US to engage in trade or investment pursuant to a bilateral treaty between the US and their country of nationality.

F- foreign students authorized to study in the US with limited work authorization available.

G- employees of international organizations and their families.

H- certain qualified temporary workers, trainees, and their families.

I- media representatives

J- exchange visitors and their families.

K- fiances of US citizens and their minor children.

L- intracompany transferees who are managers, executives, or employees with

specialized knowledge of international corporations to the US.

M- vocational students and their families.

N- famliy members of G-4

O- aliens of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics and their family members.

P - athletic teams and entertainment groups who are recognized internationally.

Q- international cultural exchange aliens.

R- ministers, religious workers, and their families.

Additional resources provided by the author

This is not a complete list of all the non-immigrant visas available. This information does not constitute legal advice. Please see the website for more information or email me at

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?