Nevada Eighth Judicial Court Records

Posted over 2 years ago. Applies to Las Vegas, NV, 2 helpful votes



How do I find my case on-line?

Finding your court case can be accomplished using the District Court's Online Calendars and Case Inquiry System. The following information will help you view case minutes, search by name and learn why some records are sealed. You can access District Court records for Civil, Criminal, Probate, Family and Child Support cases. Court Calendars for all District Court Judges can be accessed here. The Civil/Criminal/Probate option includes searches for civil lawsuits, probate proceedings and criminal cases. Once you select an option, the detailed search screen will retrieve a case based on case number (by default). Select Party Search to search by a person's name. The Family Law/Child Support option includes searches for divorce, annulments, temporary protective orders, or child custody hearings. Once you select an option, the detailed search screen will retrieve a case based on case number (by default). Select Party Search to search by a person's name.



Minutes detailing court activity can be found within the on-line records for a case, if they have been added by the Court Clerk. In general, minutes often explain the outcome of a hearing or explain why a hearing was rescheduled to a later date. Once you have located a case in the Court Case Inquiry System, you can read trial or hearing minutes by clicking on the blue "Calendar" link. Locate the blue "Yes" under the calendar date (see example below). Click it on and follow the directions. If this "Yes" does not appear, no minutes are available, or they have been made a part of a master entry. Minutes for multiple hearings, set for a single day, are entered under one listing. Look for a "260" minute entry and the blue "Yes" to read them. Cases currently in trial are locked until the trial has concluded. You must appear in person in the office of the Court Clerk to view information related to the case.


Sealed Records

Sealing case records originates with a requirement to protect confidential information from public access. Specific reasons for sealing a case may vary. Certain case types such as adoption, paternity and juvenile abuse or neglect matters are automatically sealed by statute. In addition, the court may order the sealing of individual civil, domestic, temporary protective order, probate, guardianship or involuntary civil commitment cases. Criminal records may be ordered sealed upon meeting certain statutory requirements. An order to seal includes all records, papers and exhibits in the custody of court. Other records relating to the case, in the custody of such other agencies and officials as are named in the order, must also be ordered sealed. All proceedings recounted in the record are deemed never to have occurred. In some circumstances, the court may seal only certain documents in a case, without sealing the entire file.


Sealed Records

By order of the court, there is no Internet access to sealed records. Parties to the action (plaintiff or defendant) and counsel of record may access sealed cases by submitting a request in person to the Clerk of the Court located at the division of District Court where the case was filed. Photo identification is required. Access to adoption cases requires a court order in addition to photo identification. The Courts current technology cannot block Internet access to individual documents but must restrict access to the entire case. The same is true for criminal cases involving more than one defendant. If the case is ordered sealed as to one defendant, the entire case will be sealed from Internet access.


How do I obtain a copy of my transcript?

Arrangement for transcripts of hearings are made by contacting the Court Reporter or Recorder for each individual department. Arrangement for payment must be made at the time transcripts are ordered. Transcripts may be ordered from the Clerk of the Court, or obtained from your attorney, if they have been furnished one by the court. Transcripts ordered from the Clerk of the Court must be paid for prior to copying. Fees for this service are $1.00 per page plus certification fees of $3.00. Please allow 5-7 working days for these copies to be prepared.


What is Jury Service?

To serve as a juror, you must be able to vote, whether you are registered or not, have a sufficient understanding of the English language, and be physically and mentally able to serve. You also must have not been convicted of treason, a felony or other infamous crime. However, an individual who has been honorably discharged from probation the right to serve immediately as a juror in a civil action, and to serve as a juror in a criminal action six years after an honorable discharge from probation. Those are the basic requirements for being a juror in Nevada.

Additional Resources

Howard Roitman, Esq. 8921 W. Sahara Ave. Las Vegas, Nevada 89117 (702) 647-8550


Slip & fall

Government Agencies

Rate this guide

Related Topics

Lawsuits and disputes

If you're faced with a dispute that can't be resolved by negotiation, a lawsuit may be necessary. It will allow you to seek a legally binding solution in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,728 answers this week

3,715 attorneys answering