Diligent Search

The first step in this type of divorce is to do a diligent search for your spouse's new address based on his last known address to you. Several agency's will have to be contacted (including the postal service, navy, army etc....). Usually takes about 4 weeks for these agencies to get back to you.


If no new address is found for your spouse then you file the petition for divorce along with the other documents.

The court at this time will do the actual publication for you and such publication in the newspaper needs to run for 30 days.


After publication is done the court will send you a letter stating that its done

Once you receive this letter then you could file the motion for default judgment based on the fact that your spouse has not responded to the divorce petition. you the set a time on the judge's calender and present your self to court....where your divorce will be granted.