I-751 Waiver Where Marriage Ends in Divorce

Carl Michael Shusterman

Video posted by  Pro

Immigration Attorney

Contributor Level 20

Posted over 1 year ago. 22 helpful votes


If you have a 2-year (conditional) green card, and your marriage to a U.S. citizen ends in divorce or annulment prior to the expiration of your green card, you will need to prepare and submit an I-751 waiver in order to preserve your permanent residence in the U.S. This video, by former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) Carl Shusterman explains what you need to do.

Additional Resources

Removal of Conditions Attorneys

Green Cards through Marriage

Schedule a Consultation

Rate this guide

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,435 answers this week

2,972 attorneys answering