How to Qualify for an E-2 Investor Visa?

Karen-Lee Pollak

Video posted by

Immigration Attorney

Contributor Level 19

Posted over 1 year ago. 1 helpful vote


Immigration attorney Karen-Lee Pollak explains how to get a green card by investing in the United States. The E-2 Investor Visa allows an individual to enter and work inside of the United States based on an investment he or she will be controlling, while inside the United States. This visa must be renewed every two years, but there is no limit to how many times one can renew. The investment must be "substantial". Investor visas are available only to treaty countries, which include countries like Albania and Senegal, but do not include Brazil, Russia, India and China.

Additional Resources

Green Cards Via Trade and Investment in the U.S. published in HG.Org Wordwide Legal Directories.

Alternative Visa Options Once H-1B Cap Is Reached

Immigration 101: E-2 or Investment Visa

Rate this guide

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,784 answers this week

3,040 attorneys answering