How to Prepare a B-2 Visitor Visa Packet

Brian David Lerner

Written by

Immigration Attorney

Contributor Level 18

Posted about 4 years ago. 2 helpful votes



Show 'nonimmigrant' intent

This means that you cannot show that you intend to immigrate to the U.S., to work in the U.S. or to do anything other than visit. Your intention must be to visit.


Show the assets you have in your home country

To help with the intent issue, you can show evidence of all the assets that you have in your home country, including cars, real property and any interest you have in other property.


Provide Familial Ties and Educational Ties

Attache evidence of family you have in your home country that will still remain there while you are in the U.S. Additionally, letters from your employer showing you have a job awaiting will help.


Show you will not become a public charge

You need to show that you will not have to work to make ends meet. Show bank account statements and income such that you can visit the U.S. without having to rely on public assistance or to get money by working in the U.S.

Additional Resources

Immigration Attorney

Immigration Lawyer Brian D. Lerner

Rate this guide

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,537 answers this week

2,990 attorneys answering