How to Find the Right Nursing Home, Get Good Care There, and Pay For It Without Going Broke

Posted about 5 years ago. Applies to Michigan, 1 helpful vote



Can't I just give away my assets to my kids or $10,000 per year?

Unfortunately, no. Any gifts you make within five years of applying for Medicaid may cause a waiting penalty, even $10,000 gifts. But there are legal ways to protect assets by transferring them to your children or other relatives. Find out more by ordering a FREE COPY of this report today at http:\\


Even if I get Medicaid, won't the state take my assets through Estate Recovery upon my death?

Not if you've set up your estate properly. Certain trusts are exempt from Medicaid recovery. Certain types of assets are exempt from Medicaid recovery. You may learn more about Medicaid planning techniques by ordering this FREE REPORT today at http:\\

Additional Resources

The American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys

The Elder & Disability Law Firm, PLLC

The Elder & Disability Law Firm, PLLC

Rate this guide

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,373 answers this week

3,156 attorneys answering