How to file for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals also known as DACA

Bettina Yanez

Written by  Pro

Immigration Attorney - Orange, CA

Contributor Level 10

Posted over 2 years ago. 1 helpful vote


How to file for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals or Dream Act you will need to hire reputable legal representation as there is no appeal process. You get one chance to request consideration, so make it count do it right. If you want to file without the assistance of an attorney here are the steps: File form I-821D with supporting documentation; File form I-765 application for Employment Authorization; File form I-756WS; To receive an e-Notification when

your forms have been accepted, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the front of the Form I-821D. Send in the fee of $465.00 Checklist to ensure your request is accepted for processing by USCIS: Make sure you sign all the forms. Make sure you submit the correct fees. Make sure to include all the documentation required by the form instructions. Make sure you complete the required form fields: After you file your documents you will receive the biometrics appointment date letter. Mark the date on your calendar and do not forget to attend. I have found that approvals can be received as soon as two weeks after your biometrics and on other cases I am still waiting. It just depends on how fast the USCIS workeris in processing that happned to be assigned to yur case. Best of Luck! For further information regarding immigration issues such as the Dream Act, please contact the immigration lawyer in Orange County at 714-665-6600. Call today for your free 60-minute consultation!

Additional Resources

Orange County Immigration Attorney

Rate this guide

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Deferred action

Deferred Action is a policy that allows qualifying immigrants to receive employment authorization and have removal proceedings delayed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,537 answers this week

3,313 attorneys answering