How to Apply for a Specialty Occupation (H-1b) Visa

Posted almost 5 years ago. 1 helpful vote



File a Labor Condition Application with the US Departmnet of Labor

The first step requires the US employer to complete an online application process and to fulfill certain notice and documentary requirements. The Labor Condition Application must include a prevailing wage from a source that is acceptable pursuant to US DOL regulations.


File a Non-immigrant Visa Petition with the US Citizenship & Immigration Service

The US employer must next file a nonimmigrant visa petition stating the nature of the position and submitting documentary evidence showing that it has the financial means to pay for the alien's wages, that the position qualifies as a specialty occupation, and that the alien is otherwise qualified for the position by holding a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited US University or its equivalent.

Additional Resources;

Rate this guide

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,789 answers this week

2,930 attorneys answering