How Do I Bring My Spouse to the US?

Karen-Lee Pollak

Video posted by

Immigration Attorney - Dallas, TX

Contributor Level 19

Posted about 2 years ago. 2 helpful votes


Immigration attorney Karen-Lee Pollak explains how to bring a spouse to the United States.

The Family Based Immigration process is governed by a system of immigrant visas, each of which establishes specific terms and conditions for entering and remaining in the United States. An Immigrant visa granting Legal Permanent Residency is also commonly referred to as a "Green Card."

Additional Resources

Family-Based Immigrant Visas-Living and Working Permanently In the United States

Rate this guide

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,518 answers this week

3,235 attorneys answering