How Do I Bring My Fiance to the United States?

Karen-Lee Pollak

Video posted by

Immigration Attorney

Contributor Level 19

Posted over 1 year ago. 2 helpful votes


Immigration attorney Karen-Lee Pollak explains how to legally bring your fiance United States.

A K-1 visa or fiance visa is a non immigrant, dual intent visa issued to the fiancé or fiancée of a United States citizen to enter the United States. A K-1 visa requires a foreigner to marry his or her U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days of entry. Once the couple marries, the foreign citizen can adjust status to become a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Additional Resources

K-1 Fiancé Visa

K-1 Fiancé Visa | Immigration | Don't Try to Scam the System

Rate this guide

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,931 answers this week

3,184 attorneys answering