Gather Tax Returns, Letters from the I.R.S. and Current Income Information

Gather all income tax returns for all relevant taxes older than three years of age. (Income tax returns for the three most recent years are needed - even though not dischargeable.) Also, proof of all current household income is necessary in order to determine which bankruptcy chapter fits your situation. Also gather all correspondence from the I.R.S.


Call a Bankruptcy Attorney for an Appointment

Procure an appointment with a seasoned bankruptcy attorney. Ask if he/she has actually discharged taxes older than three years of age for previous clients. Bring the data to the attorney's office when your appointment is scheduled.