Family Court

Posted over 4 years ago. Applies to Wisconsin, 3 helpful votes



Appeal Your Case!

You had a case in the trial court and lost. What to do? An appeal is often the way to go. Whether you represented yourself or had a lawyer, you need someone who understands appeals. The are very different from trail court lawsuits. Check the court records, such as Wisconsin's WSCCA web site. Find an attorney who knows appeals inside and out or you may be throwing good money after bad. Attorneys often work together on appeals. In any case, act quickly to file your Notice of Appeal to get your foot in the door. If you don't you may lose the right to appeal forever.


Business Law

Business law can be complex, but don't let an attorney take you for a ride. Before hiring one, ask them how many cases they have handled and how many they have won. It's your case, you deserve the best attorney you can afford. Many lawyers will say they are great, check the court records, use Google, find out the truth. You want an attorney to work with and for you, not one who simply wants to make money.

Additional Resources is the official web site of the State Bar of Wisconsin. Check out attorneys, see what they have done within the profession. There are sections in WisBar for lawyers and the public. Learn what is happening in the legal world with respect to your problems and then decide what you want to do about them.

Rate this guide

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

38,072 answers this week

3,941 attorneys answering