Custody and visitation are separate legal issues however a parent's conduct during visitation maybe a factor in the final custodian order. Whether you are a joint custodian, sole custodian or a non custodian; you are your children's parent. You are one of two of the most important in their lives. It is imperative that you provide them a role model.
1. Be timely for exchanges.
2. Be nice to the other parent during exchanges.
3. Be sure to notify the other parent of any delays exchange times.
4. Be sure to bring the children's clothes, toys, homework and phones etc. to the exchanges.
5. Be sure not to bad mouth the other parent.
6. Be sure to attend school events, doctor appointments etc.