Cosmetic surgery, which is also known as plastic surgery, has become a very common medical procedure. Although plastic surgery is used for a wide array of cosmetic purposes, it is also performed on patients who have suffered severe scarring or injuries from accidents, dog bites, or other physical deformities to improve functionality or appearance. Many breast cancer patients who have had a mastectomy also opt for such reconstructive surgery But when an incompetent, negligent or unqualified doctor performs such a precise surgical procedure, the results can be devastating.
Some common complications associated with plastic surgery include:
- Breast augmentation/reduction resulting in nerve damage, infection, encapsulation, scarring, asymmetry, or disfigurement
- Anesthesia complications resulting in blood clots, brain damage, airway obstruction, abnormal heart rhythm, heart attack or death
- Liposuction complications resulting in numbness, organ damage, disfigurement, internal bleeding or death
- Abdominoplasty complications resulting in blistering, burns, infection, nerve damage, scarring, or blood loss
- Rhinoplasty/Rhinoseptoplasty/Nose Job complications resulting in breathing difficulties or asymmetry
- Face lift/Blepharoplasty complications resulting in dry eyes, nerve damage, scarring or inability to close eyes properly