Connecticut Uncontested Divorce Documents Checklist

Posted over 2 years ago. Applies to Connecticut, 2 helpful votes



Uncontested Divorce in Connecticut

In Connecticut, once you and your spouse have reached an agreement that provides for the allocation of your assets, distribution of your debts, and for the custody and support of your child(ren), you may request that the court schedule an uncontested divorce trial. If you are represented by an attorney, he/she will gather all the appropriate paperwork and help you prepare for the uncontested trial. If, however, you are self-represented, it is important that you prepare all the documents the court will require in advance of the uncontested date in order to proceed as quickly as possible. Below is a list of the standard uncontested documents required by the Connecticut Superior Court in order to grant your divorce. Additional documents may be necessary, so be sure to check with your local clerk's office in advance of your uncontested dissolution date.


Connecticut Uncontested Divorce Documents

Divorce Agreement (Form: JD-FM-172) ; Financial Affidavits (Form: JD-FM-6); Dissolution of Marriage Report (Form: JD-FM-181); Affidavit Concerning Military Service (Form JD-FM-178); Wage Withholding For Support (Form-JD-FM-1). If you have minor children, the following additional forms/documents are necessary: Affidavit Concerning Children (Form JD-FM-164); Child Support Guidelines Worksheet (Form JD-FM-220); Certificate of Completion of Parenting Education Program; and Advisement of Rights Re: Income Withholding (Form JD-FM-71)

Additional Resources

If you need additional information regarding the forms and how to complete them, please visit:

Chalumeau Law Group, LLC

Rate this guide

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Alternatives to divorce

Divorce is not the only solution to marital difficulties. Marriage counseling, legal separation, or annulment are other alternatives.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,145 answers this week

3,298 attorneys answering