default judgment

in order to clarify a default judgment you must file an order to show cause asking the court to reopen the case... the court will want to know why you failed to show up the first time, generally the most common reason for most people not appearing is the creditor never gave them proper notice of the court proceeding


do i have a leg to stand on?

if you simply ignored the notice the court sent you this may not be valide reason to argue your case.