Skip to main content

Bill Powers talking about a claim under the goods or chattels provision

Posted by attorney F. Powers

Call us today. 704-342-HELP. or visit us @ Hi. I'm Bill Powers and I'm talking about statutes of limitations in North Carolina. Now one would not necessarily assume any wreck case or an auto accident case; a case for damages that a contract or a collection type of lawsuit would be necessary. In North Carolina, under chapter one, section 52, you have a limited amount of time to file suit. For example, if you're in an accident and the insurance company has seized your vehicle and is not willing to pay the full market value of that vehicle, you may have a claim under the goods or chattels provision under North Carolina General Statutes. You only have three years to file suit. As you might imagine, that's expensive and that can be time consuming. Please give us a ring at Powers & McCartan. The telephone number is (704) 342-HELP. We will help explain your different legal options when it comes to wrecks and collecting on your vehicle and tag, and things of that nature.

Additional resources provided by the author

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer