Bill Powers: Judgments by a criminal court that result in a civil lawsuit

F. "Bill" William Powers

Video posted by

Criminal Defense Attorney - Concord, NC

Contributor Level 17

Posted about 2 years ago. Applies to Concord, NC, 1 helpful vote


Call us today. 704-342-HELP. or visit us @ Hi. I'm Bill Powers and I'm talking about statutes of limitations in North Carolina. Now sometimes if one is convicted of a criminal violation or even a traffic ticket, there may be certain costs or fees awarded by the court against you or someone you care about. In North Carolina, the State of North Carolina or other agency that was awarded the fees has basically a three-year statute of limitations to file a civil lawsuit to recover those monies. That's found under chapter one, section 52 of the North Carolina General Statutes. If you have a judgment against you by a criminal court and you're concerned about a civil lawsuit being filed, please give us a ring at Powers & McCartan. The consultation is always free as well as confidential. The telephone number is (704) 342-HELP. We're here to help at Powers & McCartan. Give us a call.

Additional Resources

Bill Powers - Lawyer of the Year 2011 - Best Lawyers - Membership Information & Criterion for Inclusion

Bill Powers - SuperLawyers North Carolina - TOP 100 LAWYERS Membership Information & Criterion for Inclusion

Bill Powers Professional Biography

North Carolina Traffic Law Information

Best Law Firms - US NEWS & WORLD REPORT - Powers McCartan, pllc - Criterion for Inclusion

Legal aide when convicted of a criminal violation or even a traffic ticket

Statute of Limitations in North Carolina

Rate this guide

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,933 answers this week

2,879 attorneys answering