Skip to main content

Bill Powers Discusses Filing Suit

Posted by attorney F. Powers

Call us today. 704-342-HELP. or visit us @ Hi. I'm Bill Powers and I'm talking about statutes of limitations in North Carolina. Now you may find this in chapter one, section 52. If someone has taken your property or converted your property or detained your property illegally, and it's kind of complicated, you need to file suit within three years. It doesn't matter whether they admit it or acknowledge it. The statute of limitations prevents you from filing suit if you don't do so within the appropriate period of time. Under chapter one, section 52, when it comes to personal property, you have three years to do that. Please give us a call at Powers & McCartan if you need more information about the laws in North Carolina. The consultation is always free as well as confidential.

Additional resources provided by the author

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer