Alabama Real Estate Closing Checklist:
Prior to the Closing, we will need the following information:
1. Copy the signed contract, including any and all addendums
2. Contact information for the Buyers, Sellers and Realtors (name, email, phone numbers, and addresses)
3. Name and contact information for the Buyer’s Mortgage Lender/Broker/Banker (name, email, phone numbers and address).
4. Homeowners Association contact information, including contact name, address and telephone number, if any.
5. A Copy of the Termite Letter, if needed.
6. All loan payoff information for the Seller, including contact information for each loan, account numbers and Social Security numbers for all parties on the loan
7. Is a survey needed?
8. Home Warranty Information, if applicable
9. Copies of the Deeds, Mortgages, Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney or Corporate Documents related to the parties
10. Buyer’s hazard insurance agent information (company, name, email, and phone number)
11. A list of any repairs and invoices, if any
12. If a Power of Attorney is to be used by any party, then it must be approved by the closing attorney and the Borrower’s lender, prior to the closing
Please bring the following to the Closing:
1. Current driver’s license for identification
2. Social Security number or tax identification number for Seller and Buyer
3. Certified Funds or Bank Wire for all closing funds from Buyer
4. Original approved Power of Attorney, which has been notarized
Martinson & Beason, P.C.
115 North Side Square
Huntsville, Alabama 35801-4822
phone: (256) 533-1667
Fax: (256) 533-1696
PLEASE CONTACT: A. Mac Martinson, Esq.