The EEOC has made some changes to how Federal Employees report discrimination.
The revisions include:
- Reaffirming the existing statutory requirement that agencies comply with EEOC regulations, Management Directives, and Bulletins;
- Providing for EEOC notices to non-compliant agencies;
- Permitting pilot projects for EEO complaint processing;
- Requiring agencies to issue a notice of rights to complainants when the investigation will not be timely completed;
- Requiring agencies to submit complaint files and appeals documents to EEOC in digital formats;
- And making administrative judge decisions on the merits of class complaints final with both parties having the right to appeal to EEOC.