Yesterday my Mother and I were in an accident. A semi driver made a u-turn on 2-way street; trailer was in our lane and we hit.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Hazleton, PA

Mom was driving, I was the passenger. The semi driver was making a u-turn near Ruggerio's garage (a darkened two-way street) and did not have his running lights, or any lights on, for that matter. We made impact on his trailer, just under the back wheels/tires; almost his entire trailer was ACROSS OUR LANE. I was released from the hospital with minor injuries. My mother is still hospitalized at Geisinger Wyoming Valley. Here is a link to the story in the Standard Speaker and a photo from the accident scene. http://standardspeaker.mycapture.com/mycapture/...

Pro

18

Answered . I'm sorry to hear about this accident and hope that your mother is OK. You need a personal injury lawyer. Make sure you retain a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with some money after the lawyer takes his fee.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Only 29% fee deducted.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Angel Mae T Webby Esq.

18

Answered . I am sorry for your unfortunate situation. My office is located in West Hazleton. Please feel free to contact my office for a free consultation.

It is important to consult with an attorney sooner rather than later as the insurance companies will, if they have not already, start contacting you and your mother for recorded statements.

Angel Mae Webby-Zola
    Zola Law Offices
    West Hazleton, Pa
    570-501-2822
    www.zolalaw.com

3. Kevin Coluccio

17

1

Answered . You should contact a qualified attorney in your community to meet with you and to discuss your best options.

4. Michael Herschel Monheit

15

1

Answered . You need an attorney experienced in truck accudent cases and insurance law in PA. We have offices in Harrisurg. My partner James R Ronca, former president of PA trial lawyers association, now PAJ, handles a lot of truck accident cases and is an author of the leading guide for attorneys on PA's insurance law. If you want me to put you in touch with Jim, please let me know. He has an AVVO bio too. You can call me at 215-840-6573 on my cell phone anytime. Best, Mike

5. Harold Semanoff

Pro

15

1

Answered . I am sorry to hear about this terrible accident. It sounds as if the Truck driver was negligent and in violation of a number of laws dealing with the operation of trucks on the roadway. You and your mother are likely entitled to be compensated for your pain and suffering, lost wages, out of pocket expenses and for emotional distress related to this accident. You should immediately contact a personal injury attorney to protect your rights. I invite you to review my 35 years of experience on my AVVO profile and to call me to discuss any questions or concerns that you may have.

6. Michael Scott Mednick

14

1

Answered . I am sorry to hear about your accident and hope you and your mother heal quickly. If you have not already done so, you should consider hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer as soon as possible. From what you have stated, it sounds like there are numerous laws and regulations violated by the truck driver. An investigation as to the violations should occur as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call. My firm handles trucking accident cases throughout the State of Pa including up in the Poconos.

7. Gladys E. Wiles

13

1

Answered . So sorry for you and your mom. I hope your mom is healing well. You should consult with a personal injury attorney once you are able to. In the meantime, do not give any tape recorded statements to anyone, especially those calling from an insurance company. From the article, it sounds like the State Police are investigating the accident, so make sure that you have spoken to them to provide the correct information of your side of the story. Continue getting any and all medical care you and your mom require to get better.

Best of luck to you both.

Gladys Wiles
    Snyder & Wiles, PC
    7731 Main Street
    Fogelsville, PA 18051
    610-391-9500

8. Michael Ryan Juarez

14

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Coluccio. Consult with an attorney as soon as possible. I hope your mother heals quickly.

9. David A. Miller

12

1

Answered . This is a tragedy that would not have happened if the semi driver's primary focus was safety. You and your mother were injured because of his neglect and you deserve to be fully compensated for your monetary damages and pain, suffering and loss of life's pleasures.

My firm has an office in Hazleton (and a few of our staff live in Hazleton). Please look at our website at www.oconnorlaw.com and then call us at 800-518-4529 to discuss this matter further. Plain and simple, you need an attorney that has experience handling cases against tractor trailer companies. They likely sent an investigator to the scene soon after the crash to gather information. You need a law firm that is capable and willing to do the same, from day one through the end of the claim.

10. Samuel Abraham Dion

11

Answered . Call me if you need a lawyer.

11. Howard Robert Roitman

11

1

Answered . Issues addressing the procedures involved in the hiring and training of drivers are starting to surface. There are certain standards and requirements that must be met before just anyone is allowed to sit behind the wheel of a big rig. To protect your legal rights following severe injury or wrongful death resulting from a trucking accident, big rig crash or auto accident, it is wise to immediately consult with an experienced attorney.
    Each year thousands of motorists and big rig drivers are killed and maimed by the negligent operation of big rigs by their drivers and by trucking companies. Semi-truck drivers and the companies they work for have a duty to operate their vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. Unsafe driving, oversized loads and various other treacherous practices put the public and the truck operators in danger.