Yesterday my Mother and I were in an accident. A semi driver made a u-turn on 2-way street; trailer was in our lane and we hit.

Hazleton, PA |

Mom was driving, I was the passenger. The semi driver was making a u-turn near Ruggerio's garage (a darkened two-way street) and did not have his running lights, or any lights on, for that matter. We made impact on his trailer, just under the back wheels/tires; almost his entire trailer was ACROSS OUR LANE. I was released from the hospital with minor injuries. My mother is still hospitalized at Geisinger Wyoming Valley. Here is a link to the story in the Standard Speaker and a photo from the accident scene. http://standardspeaker.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=44607926&event=1561092&CategoryID=48894

You should contact a qualified attorney in your community to meet with you and to discuss your best options.

How do I go about finding an experienced lawyer in my area? Is there a source, other than the telephone book, where I can review the attorneys track record? Should I look for an attorney who is qualified in personal injury cases?

I agree with Attorney Coluccio. Consult with an attorney as soon as possible. I hope your mother heals quickly.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.org Mike@jslaw.org This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.

I'm sorry to hear about this accident and hope that your mother is OK. You need a personal injury lawyer. Make sure you retain a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you are left with some money after the lawyer takes his fee.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Only 29% fee deducted.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-510-6755
http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

I am sorry for your unfortunate situation. My office is located in West Hazleton. Please feel free to contact my office for a free consultation.

It is important to consult with an attorney sooner rather than later as the insurance companies will, if they have not already, start contacting you and your mother for recorded statements.

Angel Mae Webby-Zola
Zola Law Offices
West Hazleton, Pa
570-501-2822
www.zolalaw.com

You need an attorney experienced in truck accudent cases and insurance law in PA. We have offices in Harrisurg. My partner James R Ronca, former president of PA trial lawyers association, now PAJ, handles a lot of truck accident cases and is an author of the leading guide for attorneys on PA's insurance law. If you want me to put you in touch with Jim, please let me know. He has an AVVO bio too. You can call me at 215-840-6573 on my cell phone anytime. Best, Mike

This provides general information about Pennsylvania personal injury lawsuits and other legal information. Nothing here is intended to be legal advice. Nothing here constitutes the formation of an attorney client relationship. Nothing here is not intended to solicit clients outside the State of New Jersey or the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. In order to discuss representation, we must personally speak with you and enter into a signed, written agreement for representation.

I am sorry to hear about this terrible accident. It sounds as if the Truck driver was negligent and in violation of a number of laws dealing with the operation of trucks on the roadway. You and your mother are likely entitled to be compensated for your pain and suffering, lost wages, out of pocket expenses and for emotional distress related to this accident. You should immediately contact a personal injury attorney to protect your rights. I invite you to review my 35 years of experience on my AVVO profile and to call me to discuss any questions or concerns that you may have.

I am sorry to hear about your accident and hope you and your mother heal quickly. If you have not already done so, you should consider hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer as soon as possible. From what you have stated, it sounds like there are numerous laws and regulations violated by the truck driver. An investigation as to the violations should occur as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call. My firm handles trucking accident cases throughout the State of Pa including up in the Poconos.

This is a tragedy that would not have happened if the semi driver's primary focus was safety. You and your mother were injured because of his neglect and you deserve to be fully compensated for your monetary damages and pain, suffering and loss of life's pleasures.

My firm has an office in Hazleton (and a few of our staff live in Hazleton). Please look at our website at www.oconnorlaw.com and then call us at 800-518-4529 to discuss this matter further. Plain and simple, you need an attorney that has experience handling cases against tractor trailer companies. They likely sent an investigator to the scene soon after the crash to gather information. You need a law firm that is capable and willing to do the same, from day one through the end of the claim.

So sorry for you and your mom. I hope your mom is healing well. You should consult with a personal injury attorney once you are able to. In the meantime, do not give any tape recorded statements to anyone, especially those calling from an insurance company. From the article, it sounds like the State Police are investigating the accident, so make sure that you have spoken to them to provide the correct information of your side of the story. Continue getting any and all medical care you and your mom require to get better.

Best of luck to you both.

Gladys Wiles
Snyder & Wiles, PC
7731 Main Street
Fogelsville, PA 18051
610-391-9500

The information contained in this Website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this Website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Firm expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this Website. Any information sent to The Firm by Internet e-mail or through the Website is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis. Transmission of information from this Website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Firm, nor is it intended to do so. The transmission of the Website, in part or in whole, and/or any communication with us via Internet e-mail through this site does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship between us and any recipients. Some links within the Website may lead to other web-sites, including those operated and maintained by third parties. The Firm includes these links solely as a convenience to you, and the presence of such a link does not imply a responsibility for the linked site or an endorsement of the linked site, its operator, or its contents. This Website and its contents are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Furthermore, The Firm does not wish to represent anyone desiring representation based upon viewing this Website in a state where this Website fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.

Issues addressing the procedures involved in the hiring and training of drivers are starting to surface. There are certain standards and requirements that must be met before just anyone is allowed to sit behind the wheel of a big rig. To protect your legal rights following severe injury or wrongful death resulting from a trucking accident, big rig crash or auto accident, it is wise to immediately consult with an experienced attorney.
Each year thousands of motorists and big rig drivers are killed and maimed by the negligent operation of big rigs by their drivers and by trucking companies. Semi-truck drivers and the companies they work for have a duty to operate their vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. Unsafe driving, oversized loads and various other treacherous practices put the public and the truck operators in danger.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Call me if you need a lawyer.