Skip to main content

Yes, I have a friend that was arrested on 3 counts of domestic battery/bodily harm, 3 counts of domestic battery/contact prior,

Lincoln, IL |
Filed under: Domestic violence

1 count of unlawful restraint, 1 count child endangerment all are class 4 felonies except the child endangerment which is a class 3 felony. His bond is set at $50,000.00 and his wife got an order of protection against him. She claims that she is working with the local domestic shelter to get him services and try to have him hospitalized instead of sent to prison. Is this possible? Especially since he has a prior felony on his record of domestic battery?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. There are many possibilities. Ask your friends spouse.

  2. The Shelter does not make those types of arrangements. He was charged with felonies and the court and only the court will decide his fate, Sounds like she really needs some counseling eally badly.

    IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

  3. No, and since he has a prior DB felony, under Illinois Law there's mandatory jail time if he's found guilty. This friend needs a lawyer ASAP.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics