Wull being fired from a previous job for stealing show up on my background check and can I get it removed?

Asked over 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

I have already payed back the money and no charges were filed. i have no other criminal history.

1. Ian Thomas Valkenet

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . Since no charges were filed, it will not appear on a search of the public judicial records. If you were arrested, you can file a petition to have those arrest records expunged.

However, you cannot "expunge" the memory of your previous employer. Any potential employer will likely ask you "why did you leave your previous job?" and may contact that former employer. There is nothing you can do to prevent your former employer from telling the truth about your theft, and termination for cause.

2. Bennett James Wills

Pro

3

Answered . Unlikely. But as Attorney Valkenet stated, a new employer will probably ask you about your previous employment and has the right to call that previous employer and inquire about your termination.

3. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

1

Answered . There is nothing to prevent a potential employer from calling a former employer -- who may legally advise that you were fired for cause if it's the truth.