Skip to main content

Wrongly dening my social security benefits

Lindenhurst, NY |

to you know who, Sorry. You are absolutely wrong. What is someone doing when they apply for SS disability? Exactly that right? The administration had a chance to say yes right? The SS administration bears responsibility instead of acting like they dont. You cannot give someone the run around and then state they are at fault. That's ridiculous and illegal!! Reconsider what your saying.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    In my opinion you should get an attorney as early in the process as possible as there is no fee unless you are awarded benefits (contingency) and the fees are set by Social Security law and would be the same regardless if you hire the attorney the week before your hearing or the day you applied originally.

    Search here on Avvo, contact your local or state bar association, or check with NOSSCR or NADR to find a Social Security attorney in your area. Look for one offering a free no-obligation initial consultation (most do) then meet with one or more and sign up with somebody with whom you are comfortable working. NOSSCR Lawyer Referral Service - For help in finding attorney representation, contact its lawyer referral service during Eastern business hours: 800-431-2804 or see: . NADR - Find a Representative - telephone the automated system at 1-800-747-6131 or see: .

    Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by Brian Scott Wayson as general information, not legal advice, and use of this information does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about your specific situation, please call an attorney.

  2. I must have missed your original post. That said, please discuss your case with an attorney as soon as possible. If you are having a difficult time locating an attorney near you, please use the "find a lawyer" feature (above) or visit

    I am sorry that this has been a frustrating process for you. Good luck.

    Andrew W. Norfleet, Esquire Helping disabled individuals throughout Pennsylvania. DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania and is personal in nature, not professional in nature. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality

  3. This sounds more like a rant than a question. If you were denied benefits then your best plan of action is to hire an attorney that deals in Social Security Disability. The more the attorney focuses on Disability Law the better the odds in getting an attorney that will know how to present your case.

  4. I agree that you need to take your denial to a local lawyer who has handled several cases in front of the ODAR that your case will be decided by. Remember to act quick because most deadlines with the Social Security Administration only give you 60 days to act.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics