Wrongfully towed from 24hr parking, had not been parked for 24hrs

Asked about 2 years ago - Anaheim, CA

my car was parked in a 24 hour guest parking lot of my apartments. it had 2 flat tires so i could not take it to work each night but as my ride picked me up i would move it to different spots, driving it on the rim basically. i moved it on tuesday at 9:30 pm. i came out on wed night at 6:30 and it was gone. i spoke with a security guard who said they wouldve chalked the tires. obviously if i only drove the car to a different spot in the parking lot since it had flats the chalk wouldnt have come off. do i stand a chance at fighting this?

1. Robin Mashal

Answered . Disclaimer: The materials provided below are informational and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

You need to get a copy of your complex's rules and regulations, and find out whether the 24-Hour rule is for parking in one spot for 24 hours, or it is for aggregate of 24 hours parked in various spots. If the former, you have a good chance of beating the citation charge. Be sure to consult your own attorney to protect your legal rights.