Wrongfully terminated due to cancer striken childs increase medical cost in reference to employee benifits

Mcdonough, GA |

Shortly after my daughter was diagnois with cancer we began to recieve intemidating notices of cost relate issues. My daughter was drop from health insurance in the middle chemo she was reinstated but the notices continued weeks later my wife eligiblity was question. I asked my empolyer for help but was denied. A few days after my daughter was given an additional finding, I was involve in my first incident in two years of employment there were know injuries of damages after passing drug and alcohol tests
I was terminated and accused of serveral different charges which were untrue. I was denied unempolyment benfits and Denied new employment due to derogatory statements made to protential employers. On what grounds can I sue?

If you beleive you were terminated because of your child's disability, you may be able to bring a claim under the Americans With Disabilities Act. The ADA prohibits discrimination against an employee because of their association with a person with a disability. If you are still within the 180 day time limit for filing a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, you should contact them about the possibility of filing a claim.