Skip to main content

Wrongfully Terminated / Harassment

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I was getting unwanted sexual and personal harassments. I complained to the Site Manager but the harassment continued. After making several complaints to management, I was wrongly accused of unwelcome behavior against the company after nine years of employment and subsequently terminated. No written disciplinary action was ever issued to me regarding their complaint. I never received any disciplinary action during my employment and my performance reviews have always been above average. After seven months of unemployment while EEOC was working on the case the company offered me my job back but I refused because it's not all about getting a job back my name has been trashed by many, there are many nasty rumors and its very uncomfortable for me to go back there after all. Today makes it roughly 9 months since EEOC been working on the case and they've been advice me that they'll close the case because they need evidence which DOESNT make sense because I was the one that were been harassed and after making so many complaints I was the ONLY one sent home without even knowing what I did wrong.

Can someone PLEASE advise me what should I do or how they can help? Thanks in advance

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You should hire a labor/employment attorney. Ask the EEOC for a right to sue letter.

    The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

  2. You are allowed to request for a Right to Sue letter within 180 days of submitting your charge. Since almost all claims are not handled by the government, your best bet would be to find an experienced NELA attorney to handle your claim.

    Herbert Tan, Esq.

    The National Newark Building
    744 Broad Street, 16th Fl.
    Newark, New Jersey 07102
    (973) 735-2681 (W)
    (973) 735-2682 (F)

    Manhattan Office
    305 Broadway, 14th Floor
    New York, New York 10007
    (888) TAN-LAWS

    Member of National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)

  3. I would recommend you speak to an employment attorney in your area before seeking the right to sue letter. This will give your attorney more time to review and proceed accordingly. If you would like to discuss, email me at Morgan & Morgan's employment office is in plantation, Florida.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics