Skip to main content

Wrongful termination, wrongful eviction, both occuring after I was bitten by GM of complex dog while in her unit cleaning.

Anaheim, CA |

I was a housekeeper. Worked there approx. 5mos. Lived on the property and a sister property for over a year with no complaints from office or neighbors. After dogbite this all occurred. Any thoughts. I do have possible nerve damage to my lower left leg which I have never had before. Causes numbness, stumbling, and occasional loss of balance. I am a healthy and active 44 year old male with a ten year old active daughter. Hard to tell your kid that u can not do something u could before.strict no pet policy for this complex. I was evicted for being late with rent. Rent is due between 11am-6pm. I was there at 10:22am. Head if maintenance and housekeeping were already throwing my daughters and my belongings in garbage bags ruing and breaking many items.

Attorney Answers 1


You have many issues in your post. First, you have a potential claim for workers compensation to address your injuries. If you have not done so already, get a good workers compensation attorney to assist you. The exclusive remedy against your employer for injuries that are incurred in the workplace is the workers compensation system.

Next, you might have a personal injury claim against the owner of the dog that bit you. For that to happen the owner would have had to know that its dog was a biter and it would have needed to be reasonably foreseeable that you would be bitten by this dog. You should share the details of what happened with a personal injury attorney.

Finally, you may have an issue with the way you were evicted. If you were a legal tenant, then the landlord was not allowed to simply toss your things. If you were an employee receiving the space as part of your compensation, the landlord is allowed to act in a more summary fashion, but damaging your goods is not part of its rights. You should seek the assistance of a landlord tenant attorney.

You should be able to find each of these attorneys in the Find a Lawyer part of this site. You may well find one in each field that will give you a short free consultation, and that might work on a contingency, meaning you pay nothing unless and until there is a recovery. Spend some time looking for these attorneys.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics