Wrongful Discharge ? or perhaps intentional emotional distress ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Huntsville, AL

I worked at the same place for 5 years and was terminated for drug use ? I don't even do drugs and was never tested . When the unemployment called my x employer . they got 2 different stories from the 2 owners as to my termination and DID in fact grant me my unemployment

1. Robert M Fortgang

Pro

2

Answered . I do not practice employment law in Alabama so you will have to consult with an employment lawyer in your state. Having said as much, it would appear that Alabama's law with respect to drug testing is very similar to that of CT & MA where I do practice. Did your former employer ever provide with a company employee handbook or written company policies and procedures? If so, that would be an excellent starting point, in addition to searching AVVO for a local employment law practitioner. In addition to examining the causes of action that you list, you will also want to examine whether you have been defamed by this employer. Good luck and best regards, Rob Fortgang - Employment Law Attorneys.