Wrongful Arrest.

Williston, ND |

If I am traveling from one state to the next and have an out of state drivers license. Why would the laws of a the out state apply. For example driving on a suspended license being unaware is a citation in Florida. However in the state of North Dakota it is a crime that is arrestable however the arresting officer knew it was an out of state driver that was driving based on the Florida drivers license presented. Is this a contestable grounds for a wrongful arrest ? Second to this is the fact that the driver was in a company vehicle that was traveling between states.

The Charges have been dismissed already. Claiming the fact that my license was not suspended. What I am interested in is the wrongful arrest.

1. If you were arrest for operating a motor vehicle on a suspende license, you need to hire a criminal defense attorney in the state where the charge is pending. I would also recomment you contact the DOT/DMV of the issusing state and get your license reinstated ASAP.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..