Wrong billing and malpractice

Seattle, WA |

My chiropractor didnt diagnosed me correctly, lied on billing and also showed drunk to my last 2 sessions. He put a lien on my settlement and was paid for dates he didnt do. Him and my lawyer have a few :) cases together and work on their best interests not mine. I need advise on what I can do to stop him from doing the same to other victims and pay for his wrong doing

What you have described is very serious. Your lawyer cannot defend or take the side of any treating provider. In fact, your lawyer must do what you direct him to do . I encourage you to talk to your lawyer. Put your concerns in writing and if this does not work, call the state Bar and the state Chiropractic association, but talk to the individuals first.

could he hold the lien payment if i asked him to or he has to pay right away?

Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Ask your lawyer about that. If there is truly a Lien filed your lawyer may not be able to release the funds to you. However, I am not licensed in your state and you should talk to your lawyer.

I would have a sit down with your lawyer. If there is insurance fraud going on, you don't want to have anything to do with it. If your lawyer doesn't take it seriously, i would find a new one ASAP. I would then have your new lawyer deal with the chiropractors fraud. They must be able to prove you were treated by the chiro on the dates they were saying you were there. They usually have you sign a paper each time you have testament. I would ask to see that so you can see if they can provide evidence that you were there on the dates in question.

There are civil, licensure and criminal issues that you should call a local attorney to discuss.

That smacks of fraud, so contact the police.

This is not a malpractice question. I have added two tags onto your question, fraud and insurance fraud. That is essentially what you are claiming. You can contact your insurance company and explain the billing discrepancy so they can investigate. With respect to him being drunk, you can make a claim to his state board. With respect to your attorney working with him, you have the option of firing your attorney and getting another attorney, or discussing with your current counsel that you wish to see another doctor, and it is up to you if you want to go into the specifics. Good Luck.

In addition to what the other lawyers have said, if you feel certain about the allegations you are making, I would recommend that you file a complaint against the chiropractor with the Washington State Department of Health. You can find the form and the process on the Department's website. This will trigger an investigation, where evidence will be gathered from a variety of sources. If, at the conclusion of the investigation, the Department believes there has been "unprofessional conduct," it will open a disciplinary matter against the doctor. A number of outcomes can result from this, including an agreement by the doctor to pay certain money. Complaints should not be filed lightly, but if what you allege is true, this very serious and should be brought to the Department's attention.

This answer is provided for general informational purposes only. While it is intended to be accurate and current, the accuracy and currency are neither expressly nor impliedly warranted; this answer should not be relied upon and does not serve as legal advice. An attorney-client relationship is not, and will never under any circumstances be, created through this website or via email.

Insurance fraud topics