Written Response for Child Support Summons. Can't afford attorney, and need advice.

Asked over 2 years ago - Yulee, FL


My husband was served with a child support summons on the 29th of this month by a girl who is alleging him as her son's father. She filed for TANF & SNAP & placed his name as the child's absent parent. Now, CSE is coming after him. Anyway, we cannot afford an attorney because we are both full-time students & full-time parents to our child together. The paper work states that he must return a written response within 20 calendar days to the Clerk of Courts & the attorney stated below. Well, I am the one doing the written response & I need help! There are so many documents online that I have been through & I have no idea which documents I need. I also have statements that she has said about him & me that contradicts her case. She also wants spousal support, but they were never married.

Additional information

I have been to the website www.flcourts.org but I have no idea what forms I need. I also don't understand how to format the response. Someone said the paragraphs need to be numbered, but I am replying based upon the child support, spousal support, medical coverage, etc. Then I want to include that she lied in the petition, and state which statements she lied about. Like I said, I also want to include statements she has made about my husband and me that contradicts her case against him, and that another man has provided for her and child before he was born and all the way up until they moved. I have all my notes and everything saved for this sole purpose because I knew it would happen one day.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Gregory Thomas Buckley


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . See the link below. This is most likely the form you will want to use. Good luck.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now