Writing response to a child support modification

Asked over 1 year ago - Coconut Creek, FL

I already paid child support for my daughter (18 years old) but my ex wife wants me to continue paying until she (daughter) finish high school. What should I do?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Regina Powers Hunter

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleague, and recommend consulting with an attorney.

    Kind Regards


  2. James Lawrence Magazine

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I recommend contacting Regina Hunter

  3. Melissa Engle Peat

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The answer depends on the language in the final judgment. Generally, child support will continue to the child's 18th birthday OR graduation from high school if the child will graduate before the age of 19 and is participating in good faith. In order to modify, there needs to be a substantial change in circumstances that was no anticipated at the time of final judgment. Consult with a family attorney in order to discuss the specific facts of this modification.

    This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless you are already a client of Moser & Moser, P.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,790 answers this week

2,761 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,790 answers this week

2,761 attorneys answering