Writing a letter to someone filing a claim against me over a money dispute. How do I put it in there that enough is enough?

Amery, WI |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

After meeting with my attorney today, he told me to write a letter to someone filing against me over a money issue and ask them to "let it go" and "consider it a wash." How should I put this in a letter to them?

You have an attorney--ask him. He knows the details and facts that will determine what words you choose to you and what ideas you should convey and what result is likely. We know none of the relevant facts.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

You met with your lawyer and he suggested to put this piece in the letter so I suggest you ask him.

No information provided in response to these questions can be relied upon in any way without further personally consulting with Attorney Kerrigan and Attorney Kerrigan consulting personally with you regarding your specific legal situation.