Skip to main content

Writ of execution (money judgment) and writ of possession filed together?

Los Angeles, CA |

I received a judgment from the court for unlawful detainer.

Can I fill out one sheet (EJ-130) for both the writ of execution (money judgment) and writ of possession of personal property? If yes, does it cost more than $25?

Attorney Answers 1


If the judgment is from an unlawful detainer lawsuit, then you won't likely be entitled to a writ of possession of personal property. You only need one writ of execution (checking the box for possession of real property) for the sheriff to evict the tenants. The fee for issuance is $25.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice. This posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, consult your own attorney.

Mark as helpful

1 comment



That was an error on my part. I meant possession of REAL property. Can I check both boxes for the money judgment and the possession? Or file for separate writs for each one?