Would you say that in the past year, two or three the i751 waiver has become tougher from the side of the u.s.c.i.s. when trying

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

to get approved for permanent residency. Do you think it's harder now or in the past to get approved because of so many people claiming sham marriages and I would assume that the u.s.c.i.s. is more or less aware that lots of people cheat the system.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . If your marriage is not one of those shams you are alluding to and you have a competent immigration attorney putting the case together, I wouldn't be worried. Your chances of approval without an interview increase dramatically when case is prepared by an attorney.

On the other hand, if you are now divorced and about to claim the "good faith" exception to the joint filing requirement, the brace yourself: attorney or no attorney, you'll be asked to appear for an interview at your local USCIS district office, where the documentary evidence you provided as proof of your "good faith" marriage will be combed through and through, with you being grilled over and over about your "story".

2. F. J. Capriotti III

7

Answered . I haven't seen any difference.

But then I must admit that I've always over-prepared my waiver applications so that they were semi-bulletproof.

Why aim for the brass ring when the GOLD RING isn't too much more difficult to obtain?

3. Madhu Kalra

Pro

5

Answered . USCIS is looking for sufficient evidence for Good faith marriage. As long as you provide enough documents to prove good faith marrriage, joint handling of financial affairs etc. ,conditional removal, is not difficult.

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012
  4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . I do not see any difference. If your case is prepared well, you will not notice any difference. If it is not well prepared...

5. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Are you writing a dissertation?

6. John Robert Egan

Pro

1

Answered . I think I have seen some increase in the demands for extra evidence in I-751 cases, but do not think it is related to an increase in marriage scams. It seems that scammers have always been around, I don't see any new trends there. Be very sure you submit as much evidence as you can reasonable put together. Despite the increased vigilance, USCIS only rarely denies legitimate couples who prepare their applications carefully.