Would two DWAI's within 5 years affect my chances to work for Federal Food and Drug Administration?

New York, NY |

First DWI arrest in 2003, but convicted in 2004 as DWAI
Second arrest for Aggrevated DWI in 2009, but convicted for DWAI in 2011

You should talk to a local attorney that is familiar with handling licensing boards (law, medicine, dental, FDA, etc) for a consultation. Good luck.

Hard to say

Call and ask their hiring dept.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Possible. We would only be guessing.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

A background check will turn this information up. Unfortunately, unless you have some stellar qualifications for the particular position, it may be a red flag for you. It is possible to have your record expunged, but it would be very difficult. Contact an attorney in your area handling criminal and employment cases.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI