Would this be considered as misrepresentation ? I just present the new act of marriage as proof of relationship.

Asked over 1 year ago - Leesburg, VA

While I was in legal Spearation from my ex wife ( married her when I was Student on F1 visa. she is UCS,got my green card, citizenship thru her. we have a child and we were married for 9 years) , I met my wife and we dated for 1 year than get married in my country. one year later, my divorced was finalized and I had off course to remarry my current wife in order for the marriage to be legal in the US. So, the date on the new act of marriage is 6 months after the date on the divorce decree.

1. Lisa R. Brenman

Pro

5

Answered . Your second marriage to your second wife is the marriage that will be considered valid for immigration purposes. When you married your second wife in your home country, you were not legally free to marry her because you were not yet divorced. I do not see any misrepresentation if you present your US marriage certificate to your second wife to the immigration service. I hope this is helpful to you. Good luck.

2. Jose Antonio Moreno

4

Answered . Answer honestly as you detailed here and you will be ok.

3. Ingrid Arnalda Morfa

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague. For immigration purposes the second marriage date is the valid one.