Would the below described acts fall into the category of crime(escape) whatsoever? State or Federal Jurisdiction hereof?

Asked about 1 year ago - Waukegan, IL

I am a fugitive. I had been falsely accused in IL class 2 felony (sate jurisdiction crime), Shortly therein-after I asked my wife over the phone from jail to pay a bond. She agreed and posted a bond, as she explained she believed in my innocence. After several weeks, just before the preliminary case hearings in the result of quantum of various factors, I have made a mindless/insane decision to left US. I bout an airline ticket and left US. NO ONE from my relatives had knowledge about my plan to leave as and violate a bond posting.

1. Judy A. Goldstein

10

Best Answer

Answered . First of all, you need to stop posting any messages online or discussing your case publicly or even privately with relatives or friends This is not a private forum. You also need to arrange for a lawyer who practices in the county where your case is pending to that you can return and take care of the outstanding warrant. The longer you wait, the more difficult it could become for you. Consult with several and hire the experienced criminal defense attorney you like the best.

2. Nicholas Milan Loncar

Pro

8

1

Answered . Stop posting information like this publicly. Contact an attorney directly and see how to proceed best.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

8

Answered . If you are a fugitive, it matters less who has jurisdiction than that you get an attorney and make arrangements to surrender on the warrant.

4. Stephen F Wallace

7

Answered . Yes. This was a really bad decision.

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

Answered . Federal. You spouse may be potentially charged with aiding and abetting a fugitive upon further investigation.