Skip to main content

Would the below described acts fall into the category of crime(escape) whatsoever? State or Federal Jurisdiction hereof?

Waukegan, IL |

I am a fugitive. I had been falsely accused in IL class 2 felony (sate jurisdiction crime), Shortly therein-after I asked my wife over the phone from jail to pay a bond. She agreed and posted a bond, as she explained she believed in my innocence. After several weeks, just before the preliminary case hearings in the result of quantum of various factors, I have made a mindless/insane decision to left US. I bout an airline ticket and left US. NO ONE from my relatives had knowledge about my plan to leave as and violate a bond posting.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    First of all, you need to stop posting any messages online or discussing your case publicly or even privately with relatives or friends This is not a private forum. You also need to arrange for a lawyer who practices in the county where your case is pending to that you can return and take care of the outstanding warrant. The longer you wait, the more difficult it could become for you. Consult with several and hire the experienced criminal defense attorney you like the best.

  2. If you are a fugitive, it matters less who has jurisdiction than that you get an attorney and make arrangements to surrender on the warrant.

    No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

  3. Stop posting information like this publicly. Contact an attorney directly and see how to proceed best.

  4. Yes. This was a really bad decision.

  5. Federal. You spouse may be potentially charged with aiding and abetting a fugitive upon further investigation.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics