Skip to main content

Would my husband get jail time for driving with a suspended liscense?

Brooklyn, NY |

We now live in NY but he was pulled over in new haven CT for driving 85 mph on a 50 mph highway..his liscence is still suspended but needed to be reinstated this year.the only reason he was in CT is because his car got stolen and he had to leave an drive home early morning cause I'm pregnant and was in the hospital

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You should re-post in CT section. Under these facts, it is unlikely that he would get jail time, though I am unclear what he was driving if his car was stolen.

I have been chosen by Superlawyers as one of the top criminal defense lawyers in NYC. I was a First Deputy Bureau Chief in the Brooklyn DA's Office and have over 30 years of criminal law experience. Phone: 212-766-3366;



He was driving his cousins car..the reason for him being in CT is because his car was stolen there


You should re-post in CT section, not NY.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


Repost in CT as motor vehicle not DUI.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


Definitely post in the Connecticut section of AVVO traffic law. They can give you some guidance about CT laws.

If this answer was helpful please click that block. Answers in the forum are only general and it is always best to contact a criminal defense lawyer to discuss your case. Bukh Law Firm P.C., 14 Wall Street, New York NY 10005, (212) 729-1632.


You can contact me if you'd like I am licensed in both NY and CT and practice traffic ticket defense in both states. 1-877-99-NO-TIX (1-877-996-6849).



Can you please email me and give me an estimate as to how much it would cost to represent him since the hearing is on the 28th of feb in new haven,CT




Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer