Would my friends family be secure from investigation if she applied for CA Dream Act under the AB130 and AB131 assembly bills?

Cypress, CA |

She has two siblings that do not qualify for the assembly bills who are illegal immigrants as well as her parents. She qualifies for both AB130 and AB131 bills. She wants to know how confidential and private the application was.

1. No idea what you are talking about. I did not know they give out immigration status in California.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. Since they would be applying for State benefits, I understand you to be asking whether the State of California shares information on an applicant's legal status and other personal information with the Federal government. I don't believe the State of California discloses your confidential information.

However, you have the right to know the policies used in your state regarding the collection, storage,and disclosure of your information to third parties. Ask the college or the agency. They will disclose their policy to you.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

3. Yes, they would. These applications are confidential.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.