Would it make a difference

Asked 9 months ago - Seattle, WA

my friend is on the run because she left treatment would it make a difference if she paid off for restitution and turned herself in then the chance of just getting caught..and if she has three years of federal probation to do and this is her first violation how long she most likely have to be incarcerated for her first violation

1. David Ian Schoen

Pro

11

Answered . This sounds like a question for a local criminal defense attorney. You should change the category.

2. C. Donald Briggs III

Pro

10

Answered . Your friend needs to consult ASAP with an experienced criminal lawyer. Not enough facts are presented here to make any recommendation but the obvious one, hire a lawyer and get advice after explaining all the facts concerning the situation.

Pro

9

Answered . Your friend would want to retain a criminal lawyer who can orchestrate the turning her in process easier.

4. Steven Robert Samples

7

Answered . Your friend is going to have to hire an attorney to guide them through this process. Use the Avvo Find-a-Lawyer feature to identify someone in your area. I also suggest you re-post your question in the criminal defense area of Avvo as someone local might be online

5. Jeffrey Mark Adams

6

Answered . Modified

6. Stephen F Wallace

6

Answered . It depends on the actual violation that is charged. You can see the levels below at the link.